• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a gunsmith that does real bluing in north georgia (dawsonville/cumming)

FredAlert

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
217   3
Reaction score
I have an AK that needs to be reblued. There was quite a bit of surface rust on the receiver and I've managed to clean it up with steel wool to the point
that it's cancer is gone and there is no actual pitting in the metal but lots of spots in the bluing that aren't pretty anymore.

I'm looking for someone around dawsonville, cumming, gainesville, etc that can do real hot bluing. Most people seem to just want
to blast and cerekote it or something ... but since the metal isn't hurt I want a real blued finish back .... it just looks better.

I'd try Travis Davis. He's young, but I've seen some of his re-bluing of rifles and it was frightening. I could NOT tell that he'd re-blued the rifle. Does good work. Also Danny Robbins owner of Professional Gunsmith Service does great work. I've inspected some examples of his work too and it was very fine.

PM me and I'll give your their numbers.

I suppose it to be okay to give out numbers since they are on business cards. Here you go:

Travis Davis: 706.889.296five
Danny Robbins: 678.787.256four

Back
Top Bottom