• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for flashlight recommendations with remote switch for a shotgun

Update 4/20/24:

This is my first time installing/using a light on a weapon, so I'm a novice to all this. Here's an update on what I did. Hope it helps someone considering doing this. Purchased a Streamlight Pro-Trac railmount, 625 Lumens. It is adequate for what I needed lighting up my property. I should have spent a little more and purchased the 1000 lumens. I'll probably wait for a sale and upgrade later.

I say this because in testing the light around 9:45pm I discovered 5 deer bedding down in my front yard. They were approx 80 feet off my front porch. I could see them well enough and would have felt comfortable taking the shot but I feel 1000 lumens would have given me a much better view of them. Of course if you're young with awesome eyesight that may not be an issue. So, it was a good test for exactly why I bought it. I feel comfortable being able to spot a coyote or something and take them out if deemed a threat.

I chose a magazine tube mount by GG&G with a rail. The light came with a few attahment options, and the tube mount seemed to be the cheapest in regards to what I'd need to purchase to make it work. There is a little wiggle side to side which I'm not sure I like. I have it as tight as I can get it with my hands. A live fire test will be the deciding factor. It also positions the light at the end of the forearm. I prefer it close to the end of the barrel. Not sure if it makes a real difference. Again, I'm a novice but think I'd prefer the light and hence the remote switch a little farther forward. You may feel differently. Access to the remote switch is fine, I can easily manipulate the temporary switch and with only slightly more difficulty the permanent on/off position. Pics attached!

Hey Guys,

I have a base 930 and would like to add a flashlight with remote switch, looking for recommendations that won't break the bank. What flashlight, remote switch and attaching hardware is recommend? I'd like visibility out to at least 50 feet for varmints that come around in the country at night. Would a 1000 lumens flashlight work for this?

Any other suggested modificiations?

Thanks!

View attachment 7123001

View attachment 7160302View attachment 7160303View attachment 7160304

You can look into Inforce WML Gen 2. This light provides 800 lumens and also includes a remote switch. Surefire G2X Tactical is also a good choice.

Reactions: A34
Update 4/20/24:

This is my first time installing/using a light on a weapon, so I'm a novice to all this. Here's an update on what I did. Hope it helps someone considering doing this. Purchased a Streamlight Pro-Trac railmount, 625 Lumens. It is adequate for what I needed lighting up my property. I should have spent a little more and purchased the 1000 lumens. I'll probably wait for a sale and upgrade later.

I say this because in testing the light around 9:45pm I discovered 5 deer bedding down in my front yard. They were approx 80 feet off my front porch. I could see them well enough and would have felt comfortable taking the shot but I feel 1000 lumens would have given me a much better view of them. Of course if you're young with awesome eyesight that may not be an issue. So, it was a good test for exactly why I bought it. I feel comfortable being able to spot a coyote or something and take them out if deemed a threat.

I chose a magazine tube mount by GG&G with a rail. The light came with a few attahment options, and the tube mount seemed to be the cheapest in regards to what I'd need to purchase to make it work. There is a little wiggle side to side which I'm not sure I like. I have it as tight as I can get it with my hands. A live fire test will be the deciding factor. It also positions the light at the end of the forearm. I prefer it close to the end of the barrel. Not sure if it makes a real difference. Again, I'm a novice but think I'd prefer the light and hence the remote switch a little farther forward. You may feel differently. Access to the remote switch is fine, I can easily manipulate the temporary switch and with only slightly more difficulty the permanent on/off position. Pics attached!

Hey Guys,

I have a base 930 and would like to add a flashlight with remote switch, looking for recommendations that won't break the bank. What flashlight, remote switch and attaching hardware is recommend? I'd like visibility out to at least 50 feet for varmints that come around in the country at night. Would a 1000 lumens flashlight work for this?

Any other suggested modificiations?

Thanks!

View attachment 7123001

View attachment 7160302View attachment 7160303View attachment 7160304
Awesome set up.

Reactions: A34
Back
Top Bottom