• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

looking for good yet inexpensive scope with widest range of view

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a scope for deer and hogs, I bought a hawke panoramic 4-12x40 scope but it woont fit on my yugo m77. One they sent me a 50mm, but I do not think a 40mm will even fit with super high rings. So, if I could get some recommendations on inexpensive scopes with a wide field view like the panoramic scope in a 30mm objective lens. thanks for your help

I have this scope

http://www.shopbarska.com/Hunting_Scopes-BARSKA_8_32x42_AO_VARMINT_SCOPE.html

on my Savage MkII FV. Holds zero very well even being banged around in my safe because of its size. I don't notice the weight on the rifle much at all, but being a heavy barrel rifle Id about have to mount a brick to it to notice there is extra weight there :lol: Its on a .22 so YMMV but its been a very good scope for me for the year I've been using it. At max zoom it gets a little cloudy but I can still see fairly well through it, it will start messing with my eyes after I've been looking through it for longer periods of time. I can see .22 holes in a target at 150 yards with it (the max of my range) so it does the job I ask of it very well and for only $90 it didn't hurt so much and I can live with it not being as clear as a 4-12 nikon is :)

Just remember no mater what brand you go with you lose clarity when you have a larger focal length variation. I have the same problem with camera lenses, the more zoom adjustment you have the more you lose in clarity and other things which is why when I have my camera out I prefer to shoot with prime lenses (no zoom) because you can get a MUCH more clear shot

Back
Top Bottom