• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

North East GA  Looking for land to hunt Close to Athens

0   0
Reaction score
College student looking for a small amount of land to hunt on this year, bow gun or preferably both. I can pay a small amount or do work for you. I live just in the edge of Madison County so anything within an hours drive or so.

Thanks
Trotter

Still looking for somewhere to hunt this season. I can work on the farm as payment or I can share the meat from what I kill. let me know if you have anything.

Thanks
College student looking for a small amount of land to hunt on this year, bow gun or preferably both. I can pay a small amount or do work for you. I live just in the edge of Madison County so anything within an hours drive or so.

Thanks
Trotter

Check out Skull Shoals experimental forest. It's just south of Athens and it's free. Surprisingly little pressure for public land and lots of game.

WHAT!?!? Really?

Yep! In fact I feel stupid telling you guys about it. I took six deer there last year. Five in one morning. Good turkey population, but they're smarter than I am. Lots of squirrels, too. It's the most norther part of Oconee National Forest and is part of Redlands WMA. The only special regs are a once per season sign in and it still has the December deer hunting break just like the rest of the National Forest. I'm always amazed at how few hunters there are. Last year there was a nice 10 point taken about 250 yards from one of the main roads.

Back
Top Bottom