Looking For Motorcycle Mechanic

I called Daryl's in Cartersville and he quoted $300 also. I just thought I might find someone who works on stuff at a cheaper rate and I might could save $100. Thanks for all the relpies.

Motorcycle mechanics are like auto mechanics. The not only get paid for what they do, but they also get paid for what they know HOW to do. They have a huge amount of money and time invested in their training, tools and shop. Actually $300.00 isn't that much to do a front fork seal job. The mechanic isn't going to just replace the one seal you see leaking. He is going to closely inspect everything and rebuild both sides. Then resell with new fork oil. Remember,,,,,, his reputation is on the line and he is going to warranty his work.

It is actually low milegae - 1.5k. Just normal use. It may just be dirt that broke the seal. I am going to keep an eye on it. I guess it will be best to just have a good mechanic fix it if it doesnt stop.

Try Lee's Complete Automotive in Woodstock. There is a mechanic there who has worked on my bike, I think he does
it on the side with the owners permision. Does a great job and is very reasonable. 770-924-4299

It's only going to get worse.
They are conventional forks (sliders on top) it will take longer to remove the fairing, loosen the triple clamps and remove the cap and fork spring than it will to replace the seal. May not need to remove the front wheel, if the slider drops below the triple clamp when compressed there's no need.
Figure start to finish 2hrs +/-, seal $20, folk oil $15
Make sure there are no nicks or scores on your slider.

1500 miles isn't enough to warrant a true rebuild, just slap a seal in it, check and fill fluid and go ride.

Nice write up on CBR250.com. Google it

I called Daryl's in Cartersville and he quoted $300 also. I just thought I might find someone who works on stuff at a cheaper rate and I might could save $100. Thanks for all the relpies.
you can save some money by getting the parts and removing the forks..that will get the price down

My advice is YouTube it, and see what tools you're going to need. Take that $300 that you'll spend on having someone else do it, buy your tools, seals, and fork oil so that you can do it yourself. Will be cheaper than paying someone else, and you'll gain confidence to tackle future jobs.

Back
Top Bottom