• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for security camera reviews.

For an alert , get a Dakota Alert system. Top quality and they just plain work.

There are pir detectors, but they pickup motion, including deer, dogs, and cats as well as people and cars.

The buried MAD sensor is the way to go. Buried parallel to the driveway, so no trenching under the driveway. Transmitter has a range of several hundred feet (do not remember the number) and has plenty of range for what you want.

The receiver can handle several transmitters, so you could add more buried detectors or motion detectors if you want.

The systems can also trigger lights , iirc.

I personally have adt and I’m happy with their system plus every window and door has a sensor, glass break sensors, basement motion sensor and fire/co2 monitors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this for a living. Works slow so if you need a general idea or would like a quote at no charge let me know. I do large commercial and residential. I will be working tomorrow on a large project for Harley Davidson in Lithia Springs, so I might not get back to you ASAP.

I do a lot of work in lake arrow head so I’m in canton all the time.
Could you pm your company/contact info? I have some questions. TIA

So I have had good luck with Arlo cameras. I had used most of the models they have released. I bought an extra battery and charger so that I always have one charged battery. The battery life depends on how often the camera is triggered. The only ones I do not suggest is the 4K cameras they changed the communication to wifi and the range is shorter. I have a mix of the Arlo pro 2 and 4K cameras using the 4K base. I get alerts within a few seconds (usually less) but the video can take a couple minutes to get ready. I have mine set to record over a minute so once the recording stops and gets uploaded it can take a couple minutes. Using the sensors to trigger events or lights worked fine when I tried it with Smarthings.

I installed a cheap kit off amazon at our previous home. It came with 4 infrared wifi cameras and a headunit/dvr. As previously stated might as well go fully wired, the wifi cams needed power so I still had to run wires. The cameras worked very well in daylight and at night, checking cams from my phone worked well and in real time/no lagging, the motion activation worked well, too well actually. My wife and I eventually ended up ignoring the system and turning off the notifications b/c every little thing set it off(rain, bugs, birds, etc).

My buddy has one of the cheap wireless driveway alerts, it works well but if you have deer you'll get a lot of false alarms, he says its a real pita when it wakes you up in the middle of the night just b/c bambi is in the front yard

the nest camera's and ring doorbell work well for me. They are all direct power, and wifi, so it limits your range, but the motion sensors and night vision are excellent.

I had an older dvr unit with wired cameras at my old house, the newer technology is way better and alerts right to your phone.

I also have a google home on my desk so I can see what the dogs are barking at at a glance.

Back
Top Bottom