• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for some help...

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
My step-son, that has been with me since he was 6 (he's now 31 years old), came to me on Father's day and asked that I formally adopt him...I'm pretty excited to say the least. The process for an adult adoption is very straight-forward, basically just filing the paperwork. I have not used a lawyer since I've been in Georgia so I really have no contacts. Rather than going through the yellow pages (if they were actually still a 'thing') I thought that maybe someone on this site could make a recommend a lawyer that wouldn't take advantage financially. My son wants to pay for it and the first lawyer he contacted wanted a $2,500.00 retainer just to submit the paperwork, this may be standard but I wanted to make sure. I would appreciate any help you could provide!!

Thanks in advance,

Corey

Contact Dean Phillips. He's tied in with the ODT for gun trusts but he handles a lot of other things. He did my divorce many years ago. If he doesn't handle that he can certainly send you to someone who does. Solid guy and a friend of mine.

Contact Dean Phillips. He's tied in with the ODT for gun trusts but he handles a lot of other things. He did my divorce many years ago. If he doesn't handle that he can certainly send you to someone who does. Solid guy and a friend of mine.

Thanks so much!! Will give him a call...

Back
Top Bottom