• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for Work

broberrybiscuit

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
21   0
Reaction score
Hey, OTD community,

I work in the film industry and we are currently experiencing a historical strike that has shut everything down since May 2nd. This strike is likely to last until February or March of 2024. The industry has never seen anything like this and will likely never see anything like this. Even if the actors settle with the studios today it will likely take time for the industry to get back to normal.

I'm 37 years old and we have a one-month-old baby. Both me and my wife work in the industry so we are both out of work. I'm looking for just about anything that can help cover our bills until work gets back to normal.

By trade, I am a location manager and we scout for locations driving all over the Atlanta area talking to homeowners, and property owners, taking photos, sales pitching the project to these property owners, and maintaining relationships keeping them up to date whether we are moving forward with their property as a filming location. Once all the locations have been decided we manage the logistics of the location. We handle the contracts, negotiate filming fees, pay neighbors, fill out and complete city, county, and federal permits, and hire police, security, traffic control equipment, bathrooms, and climate control. We have to land all of this equipment and personnel and make sure it's ready to go when it needs to be. We also have to find parking for crew, catering, and truck parking. All of this has to be ready to go before the crew arrives and they love to change the schedule on us last second. We are the jack-of-all-trades kind of people that pull off the impossible. I can handle the most stressful situations and deal with the most toxic personalities.

Prior to the film industry, I went to school for Health and Safety and did an internship with KBR and DuPont in Moncks Corner, SC at a Kevlar manufacturing plant.

I also have experience with carpentry and other labor-intensive jobs. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but also don't want to be taken advantage of.

My wife also has administrative experience handling purchase orders, paying invoicing, clerical work, etc. She was a coordinator and handled all the paperwork for the department.

If there's anyone out there that can help us with temporary work we would greatly appreciate it. I know to check with Costco, Amazon, etc, but hoping to find something worthwhile in this community.

Back
Top Bottom