• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking into buying a suppressor for my akv9

According to other forums I was reading you run the risk of baffel strikes when direct threading? Or stripping your threads if constantly taking suppressor on and off after every time you shoot. That is if you manage to get proper alignment everytime

Idk about the kp9 but akv9, unfortunately, has a non-concentric barrel so you can’t just throw on a 1/2-28 threaded suppressor without a specific part…what part that may be is obviously dependent on the suppressor. At least that’s what I gathered from the research I was doing last night…
If the barrel is not concentric it's time for a better gun. It's not worth rebarreling and the threads must be concentric to suppress.

Now, have you had yours looked at to be sure? A 45 can on a 9mm gives about 3mm ish of wiggle room.

There is not a part you can add that will make non-concentric threads centered.

If the barrel is not concentric it's time for a better gun. It's not worth rebarreling and the threads must be concentric to suppress.

Now, have you had yours looked at to be sure? A 45 can on a 9mm gives about 3mm ish of wiggle room.

There is not a part you can add that will make non-concentric threads centered.
That’s disappointing to hear. I guess my next time would be having someone make sure that’s the case

OSS/HUXWRX would be your bet.

As a lefty my biggest concern is blow back. I’ve only shot one suppressor on a .223/5.56 11 inch and the blow back was so bad i only fired 2 rounds and swore off suppressors all together. With this said i now have an MPX I’m considering a suppressor on any idea which one would be the best fit for a guy with eye issues and can’t have any or extremely low blow back?

Take it down to quiet riot and let them help you with it. They are gun guys and can check the threads to be sure and show you some suppressors.

Idk about the kp9 but akv9, unfortunately, has a non-concentric barrel so you can’t just throw on a 1/2-28 threaded suppressor without a specific part…what part that may be is obviously dependent on the suppressor. At least that’s what I gathered from the research I was doing last night…
You probably read that about AK's in general and not the AK-V. I have read the same thing. I have had no issues with my AK-V. If you're wondering then get a rod and check the alignment.

You probably read that about AK's in general and not the AK-V. I have read the same thing. I have had no issues with my AK-V. If you're wondering then get a rod and check the alignment.
I just did a Wolfman with micro keymo for someone on an AKv. No issue to report when he tagged along for a 2 gun match.

Back
Top Bottom