Looking to buy an AR rifle on a budget of $900.00

Most of Colt's rifles are manufactured to meet milspec, which means they are more concerned with the rifle working then the thing looking good, besides the way most are treated they wouldn't stay looking pretty long. Now would Colt benefit from a little extra fit and finish for the civilian market? Perhaps, but as long as the rifles keep working I am not going to knock them. Though I still tend to be partial to my BCMs, but that is another debate.
Don't get me wrong, I love Colt and own several Colts. While I would still buy a used one, I will never buy anything new that was manufactured by UAW members if there is a viable alternative available. **** the UAW.

To the OP, build buy.... Whatever path you take you can see there are many different opinions and options. Whatever you do, fire and handle several different makes and models. There is nothing like that slight emotional attachment you get with that firearm that is as it was made for your hands alone.

I have shot tens of thousands of rounds through many different Colt M-16's and am currently a Colt armorer. I am not a brand loyalis,t nor do I personally own a Colt AR platform at at this time, but based on the other Ar's I have owned and shot, I would not hesitate to purchase one. The make a great product as their reputation dictates. Not saying cheaper products are not are good, but a lot of people write of Colt as another fan boy firearms maker, which is simply not the case.

I like the S&W Sport, I read that it doesnt come with a foward assist or dust cover, do I need these things or can I add them to it?

I like the S&W Sport, I read that it doesnt come with a foward assist or dust cover, do I need these things or can I add them to it?

Dust cover, possible but forward assist, No. The forward assist is built onto the lower so if you have a lower that doesn't have one, you can't make one unless you're like a welding machinist expert.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd call David at classicfirearm or David/Andrew at Cherokee gun and pawn.

Cherokee gun had a used Colt 6920 for $900 and change. Not sure of the exact amount but less than a grand with Mag pul stuff on it.

Back
Top Bottom