• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking to hire someone with bills to pay. (Henry Co)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
Long story short. We hired a kid a few months back that couldn't afford to keep diesel in the truck his mom and dad bought him and needed a job closer to home. He lasted about a month or two and realized he didn't want to work that hard so he went back to standing behind a counter. Recently we hired a grown man who wanted part time work to save for a boat. He lasted about a month or two and realized he didn't want a boat that bad after all.
Basically what i am getting at is we need someone who isn't hand fed by their parents and someone who isn't making $65,000 a year and just looking to line their pockets with extra income. I need someone who is hungry, has bills to pay, and just plain is willing to work. This is hard work and involves slinging 50lb bags of feed morning, noon and night. If you already can drive a fork lift that helps, handle money helps, a strong back really helps and more than anything else we need someone who is dependable.
If you are interested, know someone who is interested, or have a kid that is serious about wanting to make money then feel free to go to WWW.TractorSupply.COM and fill out an application. Once the application is filled out shoot me a message and i will have it pulled. The pay isn't great and the work is fast paced most of the time. There are bonuses to be had every month and in two and a half years i haven't missed a bonus yet.

I feel your pain man. This generation of entry level workers is a sight to behold. I had one quit last summer because it was too hot. I had one that I fired for failure to follow instructions (3 times in his first day) and he began exclaiming that he was calling the EEOC because "you can't be doing black people like that". When I'm looking for someone to clean cars and push brooms, I generally figure I'll have to hire 4 to find one that's actually willing to work.

Bad pay and hard back braking work? Sign me up! not...
Gotta start somewhere. Everybody I know who owns their own shop or runs one for someone else got there because they started doing back breaking work for crappy pay. There used to be pride in working your way up. Now everybody expects someone else to do the hard work & god forbid you don't pay for their health insurance...

Gotta start somewhere. Everybody I know who owns their own shop or runs one for someone else got there because they started doing back breaking work for crappy pay. There used to be pride in working your way up. Now everybody expects someone else to do the hard work & god forbid you don't pay for their health insurance...
I agree but at least try to make the job a little more appealing.

The current RVP is a company man that worked his way up from a part time position 10-15 years ago.

Bad pay and hard back braking work? Sign me up! not...
I was thinking the same thing! Why work hard labor for minimum wage when you can flip burgers and get a free meal everyday you work. What they say in the labor industry is true. "You get what you pay for". You might need to re-evaluate your hourly pay to keep a worker in that field.

I wouldn't mine doing this once I was retired.Something to keep me busy.

But I got 45ish years to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom