• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking to hire someone with bills to pay. (Henry Co)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lie about how the job pays great and is easy work so that we hire someone who quits in a month after they realize the work is hard?
No, tell your company to pay more or just understand that people will not stay for very long. I have many friends that are hard laborers. They break their backs every day and they are compensated as such.

I have a buddy that started for the employee discount and the extra money. He just bought a motorcycle and used his employee discount to buy a safe.
I love the smell and what y'all sell.

I would sign up....but I already pull in a lot of hours. In my next career I wouldn't mind working part time.

This is hard work and involves slinging 50lb bags of feed morning, noon and night. If you already can drive a fork lift that helps, handle money helps, a strong back really helps and more than anything else we need someone who is dependable.
Re-read your statement. Does this sound appealing? I just retired from the FD and we saw a HUGE difference in the work ethic from 25+ years ago to the last 5-6 years. Now that the X-box generation is here it's hard to find a kid who know's what labor intense work is, and there's no one to blame but ourselves.

No, tell your company to pay more or just understand that people will not stay for very long. I have many friends that are hard laborers. They break their backs every day and they are compensated as such.

I'm fine with people not always staying 5-10 years. It's a stepping stone. We employee a lot of college kids who are home from school and high school kids looking to get into the job force until they leave for college.

This is hard work and involves slinging 50lb bags of feed morning, noon and night. If you already can drive a fork lift that helps, handle money helps, a strong back really helps and more than anything else we need someone who is dependable.
Re-read your statement. Does this sound appealing? I just retired from the FD and we saw a HUGE difference in the work ethic from 25+ years ago to the last 5-6 years. Now that the X-box generation is here it's hard to find a kid who know's what labor intense work is, and there's no one to blame but ourselves.

I worked at Home Depot and spent 8 hours a day loading lumber, concrete, mulch, bricks and everything else. I left there and now load feed and fencing supplies. Some people were raised differently than others and hard work isn't something we run from.

I own my own business and have a hard time finding help also. I feel your pain. I can hire someone with a master's degree easier than I can find someone with a valid drivers license. WTF?
That's because no one can find a job with their degree unless you're a teacher. I heard today the Savannah area school system is 400+ teachers shy of filling vacancies.

I own my own business and have a hard time finding help also. I feel your pain. I can hire someone with a master's degree easier than I can find someone with a valid drivers license. WTF?

Dad hired a gentleman who was in Atlanta due to being displaced by Katrina. The pastor begged and begged us to give him a chance. He had no mode of transportation so we picked him up and brought him to our business. That particular day we were having a slow morning and were just knocking out chores. He asked if he would be paid extra for washing a van. He was taken home shortly thereafter.

I worked at Home Depot and spent 8 hours a day loading lumber, concrete, mulch, bricks and everything else. I left there and now load feed and fencing supplies. Some people were raised differently than others and hard work isn't something we run from.
You're right. Soounds like you really enjoy your job, and that's great. Not many people do. I busted my @$$ in rookie school for a job. I actually know what hard work is. I spent several years working Construction before and after I was hired with the FD, but some don't. I wish you well in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom