• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Looking to trade Colt for Progressive setup

It reads like you want a "turnkey" press setup, but you do not need the cleaning and prep tools.

Since you have the Rock Chucker, I am guessing that you only need a press and the caliber specific shell plate.

Do you want a Case Feeder to send the brass to the first station?

My opinion:The only good system for under $1000 is the Dillon 650 and case feeder.

Do you want one that automatically moves the shell plate and brass to each subsequent die station or do you want to manually control the shell plate after each stroke of the handle?

If you do not need the case feeder, I would look for a Dillon 550.

What caliber do you plan to load?

All that said, you live a long way from me (Newnan, GA 30265).

I have an extra Dillon 650. I recently overhauled the primer system with all new moving parts, and totally dissassembled, cleaned, and greased all off the linkages on the press. It is in very good shape, but not "as new". It has never been used for anything other than personal use.

I value the press alone at $425 for just the press, you would need a caliber conversion kit.

The following is my price breakdown and options.

The press and one caliber kit at $475.

The case feeder and one case feed plate at $175.

Dillon Strong Mount $45.

Dillon Bullet Tray $45.

Roller Handle option $45.

The total for everything is $785.

If you have a vehicle that can carry it and you want everything in its completely assembled condition, bring a sheet of one inch plywood, and four 1 inch wood screws and we will mount it to the wood and strap it in your vehicle.

Although, your Gold Cup looks very nice, and I would likely take it in an even trade, it is not something that I really want.

If you want to contact me, you can either respond here, or by using the private message function. I will be happy to help you with lots of free, sometimes unwanted advice, or with a trade.

It looks like someone else has jumped in and bought the press I wrote about--thank you Charles--I think you will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom