Los Angeles to purchase all public school children an Apple Ipad

I don't see where it says students will be taking them home. I can only imagine they get used at school only. Please tell me not even California is THAT stupid to let iPads go home with these kids.

They'd have to let them. Can't do homework or study without text books

i can see this being a huge waste of money and time

schools have long tried to enforce the integration of tech to students to further the learning advancement

but, like most gov run ideas, it will fall short and in the end produce a massive amount problems

my school attempted to use laptops, it was a failure. Kids ****ed around on them, broke them, lost them, general computer problems. Eventually they were banned from school even though the school had paid for a portion of the laptops for the poor kids.

Noble idea but adject failure. I think it has to do with something for nothing. We dont appreciate - we expect when these programs happen. I realize I sing to the chior - that the folks here are the last who get this.

Actually many such as Norton are now adopting pretty quickly. They certainly aren't abandoning paper books, but the trend we be toward more, not less digital learning materials.
I agree that things are trending that way but to say that it is happening "pretty quickly" isn't really true. It is going to take a massive shift to move away from bound books and it will not happen while CEO's and administrations are populated by people who grew up using them (bound books).

Back
Top Bottom