• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mac vs iPad Pro 13"

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
I have to replace my old iPad and most probably my old Mac Mini.

I have seen at least a couple of reviews, where they mention the fact that the 13" iPad Pro is so good that eventually they replaced their Mac with the Pro + Keyboard. However they do not really mention why?

Has anybody here actually done that, getting rid of the Mac and using only the iPad? How good is it with an external monitor? I still want to use the 32" screen that I am using with the mini. What about using a mouse ( I need a mouse, I don't like using the trackpad)?

Other than the usual stuff, email, spreadsheets, bank, online shopping, letters, browsing this forum and reading the news, I do very light but frequent photo editing (Gimp, which probably would not be available for the iPad) and video editing (iMovie) and watch maybe one movie or two form Amazon Prime each week (usually with the iPad). I also need to be able to save, access and organize a good amount of files almost daily.

I have the I pad pro and smaller one. I also have ma 27 inch Mac, I use the Mac for photography and storage
My pro for everything else even editing photos. And the smaller one when I am sitting in my ass, like right now

Thank you! What do you use for photo editing with the iPad? I use Gimp with the Mac because I’m used to it and it’s free.
Do you use the Apple Pencil as well?

I use an IPad Pro with the keyboard and love it. I have a smaller Samsung tablet somewhere around the house that I don’t ever use.

Back
Top Bottom