• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Love.. is a burning thing.........

markj

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
95   0
Reaction score
And it makes...a fiery ring.

Whenever I shoot this gun, that song plays over and over in my head. I guess its because all you see is a huge ring of fire that totally obscures the target!;) But I guess a case full of 2400 will do that (thankfully :cool:)

I just wanted to show off the progress on my Coonan .357mag, and give a plug for Gunsmith Daryl Spaeth who works up at Andy Gazaway machine. He did an outstanding job on installing the BoMar cut rear sight.

While Daryl had the slide for the sight install, I did the 25 lpi front strap checkering, Fit an Ed Brown grip safety and ambi thumb safety (Im lefty). I also installed an STI square cut hammer, new fiber optic front sight and gave the barrel a fresh 11 deg. crown.

The grips came from a guy on ebay from Costa Rica, they are really nice, a few flaws that keep them from being "presentation grade" but I don't care, they are way nicer than the stock grips!

The gun was re bead blasted and the flats polished. Its the most fun handgun I own. Its also the only one I own that has no specific purpose other than smile generator, but it does a fine job on anyone who shoots it! so its a keeper..

Here is a pic of my wife shooting bowling pins with it before I got the new sights..

1911 Coonan 010.jpg

coonan5.jpg

coonan6.jpg

coonan8.jpg

coonan9.jpg

coonan1.jpg

Last edited:
"You talkin about Daryl that plays the sax? "

Oh, I have no Idea. I really don't know the guy. I only know that when I started calling around to find someone to do the BoMar sight cut in my slide, a couple of people told me to go to Andy Gazaway Machine and tool......So I did! Daryl was the one I met and did the work on my slide. He does a bang up job on a mill... Sax, I couldn't say, sorry.

Thanks Troy.

I think I want to put one of these on my bucket list.

.357 is supposed to be 10mm equivalent but whatever. My 10 has ports so she snarls like a dragon.

Yeah, I already have .357 for my Smiths, so yeah, I've decided I want one of these.

Here's the dragon...

Attachments

• Omega Fire.jpg
    Omega Fire.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom