• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lowers

I apologize for coming off arrogant. I see a good looking product and go a little overboard. I did get arrogant with Timbgtm and for that I am regretful. I try to build the best rifles I can build and I've seen a lot of junk and seen a lot of decent parts and a lot of good ones. I spoke to the man that handles NLA receivers and he is a precision rifle builder. I heard what I wanted to hear and took for gospel because it was exaclty how I felt on the subject. On the flip side of that is that he is a salesman and he tells you what you want to hear. Hence the blanket credit I gave the pieces before I actually got them.
I do have them now and they are good looking parts. There is no light between the upper and lower and absolutely no play in the take down pin points, mainly the front take down tabs. I can't stand excess play in that area. I hate a rifle that rattles when you shake it or move when you put pressure in different areas. This is what I know. You get what you pay for in this game. The inside of the upper is smooth and actually feels like there is some lubricity coating and has no mill marks that is prevalent is some uppers.
Now in the next couple of days I will give you my opinion on the assembly and fit of the lower parts kit and the tolerances and smoothness of the action. I have bought all quality parts. I got just the lower builders kit that has no FCG or grip, Daniel Defense 6.8 BCG, Spikes adj. stock kit with H2 buffer. I will use a stock trigger until I replace it with a JP enterprises adj. trigger kit. This should give me accurate experience to relay to the members.
The one thing I can not stand is for a simple request from a member to get out of hand and end up in a slap fight. I am just as guilty. I do know a good bit but I don't claim to know it all even if it sounds like I come off that way. I am confident in my ways and that tends to sound arrogant. To the original poster I do apologize for this turning into a 10 page ego tournament. Your choice of lowers is great. You definitely can't go wrong with that one. That point can't be argued.
Is that a forged receiver set or Billet, machined to resemble a forged receiver?

Is that a forged receiver set or Billet, machined to resemble a forged receiver?
AR15news reports it is a 7075 forging weight relieved without sacrificing strength.

Their elite sets are suppose to be only weight relieved on the lowers.

It said nothing about machining to mimicking billet receivers though. ETA: column notes aesthetic appeal may have been an influence as well.

ETA: seems part of the upper is done as well, didn't read that part.

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/02/09/sneak-peek-level-armament-elite-ar-15-receiver-set/

Down at the bottom about it being a 7075 forging:

http://nextlevelarms.com/accessories556.html

AR15news reports it is a 7075 forging weight relieved without sacrificing strength.

Their elite sets are suppose to be only weight relieved on the lowers.

It said nothing about machining to mimicking billet receivers though. ETA: column notes aesthetic appeal may have been an influence as well.

ETA: seems part of the upper is done as well, didn't read that part.

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/02/09/sneak-peek-level-armament-elite-ar-15-receiver-set/
I think you misunderstood. I was curious if it was a billet lower machined to resemble a forged profile. I thought that was how Greg described it earlier. It looks like a forged lower that has been slightly milled for weight reduction. But I wasn't sure if the one pictured was actually forged or not.

I think you misunderstood. I was curious if it was a billet lower machined to resemble a forged profile. I thought that was how Greg described it earlier. It looks like a forged lower that has been slightly milled for weight reduction. But I wasn't sure if the one pictured was actually forged or not.
I thought he described the opposite - forged to resemble billet? Hell, who knows. Too many post to go through to find out.

Yes, it appears he has the NLA ELITE set which are machined for weight reduction according to AR15news

Yeah, seems they did it for looks according to the website.

This would not show on my phone earlier, it was being a little bitch!

image.png

I thought he described the opposite - forged to resemble billet? Hell, who knows. Too many post to go through to find out.

Yes, it appears he has the NLA ELITE set which are machined for weight reduction according to AR15news
Greg definitely got the Elite receiver set. It doesn't look too bad aesthetically, but I'm not a fan of the brand engraving on the upper. Otherwise, they *look* pretty good.

Here's what I can't get behind though, Their standard rifle is built on Aero lowers. They didn't even bother to have Aero make the lowers with NLA's name on them. One of their brakes is a direct ripoff of another company's patented design and these are the specs on their barrel:
Chamber- 5.56.
Contour- M4.
Twist Rate- 1:7.
Gas System- Carbine.
Diameter at Gas Port- .750.
Thread Pitch- 1/2×28.
Feed Ramps- M4.
Material- 4142 Steel.
Finish- Phosphate.
Weight- 17.9oz. Made in the USA.

M4 profile is retarded. And if you're going to lead with a 16" gun for $1300, you might as well at least have a midlength gas system and milspec steel barrel (not 4140), with chrome lining or at a minimum, have it nitrided. But no, you don't even get that. To be honest, I doubt that it's actually 1:7 twist or a true 5.56 NATO chamber. Most 4140 barrels are 1:9. Taking all that into consideration, I would have ZERO faith in their QC as it relates to their lowers or anything else they sell.

When I add all that up in my head, it just seems shady AF. On the surface, they seem like another fly by night AR assembly company. And you could piece together an identical gun for $500-600 instead of the $1300 they want for what is basically an off the shelf assemblage of random inexpensive AR parts.

Greg definitely got the Elite receiver set. It doesn't look too bad aesthetically, but I'm not a fan of the brand engraving on the upper. Otherwise, they *look* pretty good.

Here's what I can't get behind though, Their standard rifle is built on Aero lowers. They didn't even bother to have Aero make the lowers with NLA's name on them. One of their brakes is a direct ripoff of another company's patented design and these are the specs on their barrel:
Chamber- 5.56.
Contour- M4.
Twist Rate- 1:7.
Gas System- Carbine.
Diameter at Gas Port- .750.
Thread Pitch- 1/2×28.
Feed Ramps- M4.
Material- 4142 Steel.
Finish- Phosphate.
Weight- 17.9oz. Made in the USA.

M4 profile is retarded. And if you're going to lead with a 16" gun for $1300, you might as well at least have a midlength gas system and milspec steel barrel (not 4140), with chrome lining or at a minimum, have it nitrided. But no, you don't even get that. To be honest, I doubt that it's actually 1:7 twist or a true 5.56 NATO chamber. Most 4140 barrels are 1:9. Taking all that into consideration, I would have ZERO faith in their QC as it relates to their lowers or anything else they sell.

When I add all that up in my head, it just seems shady AF. On the surface, they seem like another fly by night AR assembly company. And you could piece together an identical gun for $500-600 instead of the $1300 they want for what is basically an off the shelf assemblage of random inexpensive AR parts.
Your last sentence pretty much summed it up well.

Back
Top Bottom