• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LSU V. Clemson National Championship Game - Who Ya Got?

National Champion will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After watching both games, LSU was the best team I saw. Clemson got hit in the mouth, and it took them nearly a half before they could get back on track. OSU was unable to make the plays they should have made, but give some credit to Clemson's defense. LSU will make the plays on offense that OSU could not. I believe it will be a LSU victory, but not a blowout at all. Just my opinion, and what do I know?

Oh, can we just stop all the talk about an 8 team playoff! Also, will the committee stop putting OU again SEC teams. Dang, that was ugly.

Oh, can we just stop all the talk about an 8 team playoff! Also, will the committee stop putting OU again SEC teams. Dang, that was ugly.
There's normally such a gulf between the first couple of teams I'm not sure allowing more sacrificial lambs in is going to help anything (except get more kids hurt).
And please hush. LSU enjoys playing Chokelahoma very much thank you. :becky:

This won't help my homerism, I know, but can we now talk about Clemson's ACC schedule and whether it's relevant?

During regular conference play, Clemson played exactly zero ranked teams. ZERO. They played supposedly the second best team in the mighty ACC championship, the 3 loss (at the time) Virginia, which they manhandled and are now ranked 24. (That's the same Virginia which lost to the incredibly bad 6-7 Miami by the way... that got shut out by Louisiana Tech of all teams in their bowl game.) The only other ranked team they played was A&M, which was a common opponent. Clemson beat them, 24-10. LSU beat them 50-7.

LSU played 3 top 10 teams in conference play. They also played #9 out of conference. A total of of four top ten teams in regular season. Another two top 5 teams in the conference championship and the CFP playoff for a total of 6 top ten teams.

Season recap, both teams undefeated:
Clemson: 3 ranked teams, none in conference, one in the top 10 post season (after a comeback win).
LSU: 6 ranked teams, 5 of 6 in conference, all 6 in the top 10 (3 in the top 5).
Common opponent, Clemson +14, LSU +43.

Yet both teams statistically look comparable.

Does it matter? I always say "No. That's why they play the game". But.....

And oh yeah, LSU's only real running back (1,600+ yards) should be back for the Clemson game.

I'll go for the upset win since nobody is giving Clemson a chance. Probably be wrong, but you never know until the game is played. I'm happy with either team winning, so I will sit back and just enjoy the game!

iu

Back
Top Bottom