• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LSU V. Clemson National Championship Game - Who Ya Got?

National Champion will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This won't help my homerism, I know, but can we now talk about Clemson's ACC schedule and whether it's relevant?

During regular conference play, Clemson played exactly zero ranked teams. ZERO. They played supposedly the second best team in the mighty ACC championship, the 3 loss (at the time) Virginia, which they manhandled and are now ranked 24. (That's the same Virginia which lost to the incredibly bad 6-7 Miami by the way... that got shut out by Louisiana Tech of all teams in their bowl game.) The only other ranked team they played was A&M, which was a common opponent. Clemson beat them, 24-10. LSU beat them 50-7.

LSU played 3 top 10 teams in conference play. They also played #9 out of conference. A total of of four top ten teams in regular season. Another two top 5 teams in the conference championship and the CFP playoff for a total of 6 top ten teams.

Season recap, both teams undefeated:
Clemson: 3 ranked teams, none in conference, one in the top 10 post season (after a comeback win).
LSU: 6 ranked teams, 5 of 6 in conference, all 6 in the top 10 (3 in the top 5).
Common opponent, Clemson +14, LSU +43.

Yet both teams statistically look comparable.

Does it matter? I always say "No. That's why they play the game". But.....

And oh yeah, LSU's only real running back (1,600+ yards) should be back for the Clemson game.

Hopefully neither team will commit felonies so we can have a full squad game:rolleyes:.. Or get the inevitable player caught out too late being drunk, and benched by the coach.

Sorry, but I'll have to pull for Fabio since he's a local guy!:nod:

Hopefully neither team will commit felonies so we can have a full squad game:rolleyes:.. Or get the inevitable player caught out too late being drunk, and benched by the coach.

Sorry, but I'll have to pull for Fabio since he's a local guy!:nod:
LOL. I laughed when Coach O mentioned before the Oklahoma game that all players were meeting curfew and not one had been late. It was obviously an unusual thing the way he said it. Boys will be boys.... I guess. But if I had the chance to play in the national championship game, I'm pretty sure I could get in bed on time. :)
And shame on you for pulling against Jesus's team! I thought better.... :tsk:

LOL. I laughed when Coach O mentioned before the Oklahoma game that all players were meeting curfew and not one had been late. It was obviously an unusual thing the way he said it. Boys will be boys.... I guess. But if I had the chance to play in the national championship game, I'm pretty sure I could get in bed on time. :)
And shame on you for pulling against Jesus's team! I thought better.... :tsk:

I have to say, I like Lswho, especially after they beat up on my dog's. I guess I'm saying I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'd like to see a high scoring good match up.

I have to say, I like Lswho, especially after they beat up on my dog's. I guess I'm saying I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I'd like to see a high scoring good match up.
Tyguhs > Tie-gurs
Deaf Valley > Death Valley
Purple and Gold > Purple and orange (seriously, purple and ORANGE? That's disgusting).
Crawfish > Pimento cheese

Based on how the two have played, LSU shoot smoke them. Clemson always finds a way to keep it close though.. so I’m predicting an LSU win, but a good game.

I really doubt this would ever happen.....
If every SEC Bowl Team wins and Clemson beats LSU then
Dado/BLABBO would likely claim his Almighty Tigers 'beat every ranked team in America' this season.
assets.sbnation.com_assets_2128427_dabotiger_medium.gif

I really doubt this would ever happen.....
If every SEC Bowl Team wins and Clemson beats LSU then
Dado/BLABBO would likely claim his Almighty Tigers 'beat every ranked team in America' this season.
I really liked him prior to this season, but he seems to have taken a whiny pill of late.

Reactions: STI
Back
Top Bottom