• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lupus

Boogar Presley

Army Icon Supporter
Ordinary average guy
24   0
Reaction score
Anybody have late onset male Lupus?
After my last surgery I started getting sick when I'd go outside to do yard work in the heat and sunlight. Face turns beet red, joints immediately begin to hurt, skin immediately burns immediately in the bright sun, sweat starts pouring and won't stop until I douse myself in cold water. If I can manage to not exert myself outside in the summertime I'm fine. I can't enjoy summer anymore when it's hot and humid. Got an infection in my left arm right because of it and been fighting a fever for 3 days, making me irritable
Misery loves company and all that. Can't wait for winter to come

I've been diagnosed with Lupus by my Rheumatologist 3 years ago. I've been taking Hydroxychloroquin for it. I do sweat like a pig, (always have) and I ache some, but I had that before I was diagnosed too. I have arthritis, so I've been taking Celebrex for 15 years or so, and I know it works well, because when I forget a dose I get reminded by the aches and pains. Some people can't handle Celebrex, but it works well for me keeping the joint swelling down..

I've been diagnosed with Lupus by my Rheumatologist 3 years ago. I've been taking Hydroxychloroquin for it. I do sweat like a pig, (always have) and I ache some, but I had that before I was diagnosed too. I have arthritis, so I've been taking Celebrex for 15 years or so, and I know it works well, because when I forget a dose I get reminded by the aches and pains. Some people can't handle Celebrex, but it works well for me keeping the joint swelling down..
Celebrex works well for me as well. Just remember you can't take that stuff your whole life.....It messes with your liver. I only take it when I have to now. When I was working I took it every day

Anybody have late onset male Lupus?
After my last surgery I started getting sick when I'd go outside to do yard work in the heat and sunlight. Face turns beet red, joints immediately begin to hurt, skin immediately burns immediately in the bright sun, sweat starts pouring and won't stop until I douse myself in cold water. If I can manage to not exert myself outside in the summertime I'm fine. I can't enjoy summer anymore when it's hot and humid. Got an infection in my left arm right because of it and been fighting a fever for 3 days, making me irritable
Misery loves company and all that. Can't wait for winter to come
Hate to hear that. I hope you can figure out what works best for you and minimize it's impact on your life.

My wife is 43 and was diagnosed when she was 34. I know it’s not the same circumstances but we found out what was triggering her flare ups and now she doesn’t take any meds. Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom