• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LWRC Individual Carbine Direct Impingement AR-15

Extremely helpful info.
Thank you sir!

The LWRC comes standard with a few key features that DD does not provide. The lower has fully ambidextrous controls which beat any of the aftermarket kits I've come across (includes an ambidextrous charging handle). The bolt, bolt carrier group, and fire control group are nickel-boron coated. The bolt carrier is a proprietary design that eliminates the problems some have experienced with improperly staked bolt carrier keys. They also include a "Mil-Spec +" trigger that I happen to think is pretty smooth for a stock trigger.

Both rifles have a cold-hammer forged barrel with a noticeable difference being the spiral-fluting on the LWRC. The fluting is supposed to shave off ~20% of the standard barrel weight, on top of looking sexy as hell.

Here is my only gripe with the rifle: the 12" hand guard on the LWRC is a proprietary system that only accepts LWRC specific rails and accessories. Any aftermarket accessories can only be attached via the provided Picatinny rails. On top of this, there are currently no after market hand guards that will fit the monoforge upper. The company does provide an M-Lok capable direct replacement at the tune of $250, but I'll be holding out for a 15" option (if it ever becomes a reality).

Having said that, the hand guard is light, strong, and well-engineered. Also, the rifle ships with rail panels, a rail section, a hand stop, and an angled fore grip (more than enough for my needs).

DD is well-known for their light weight rifles and extensive rail options. I was set on grabbing an M4v7 (M-Lok 15") but I just couldn't pass up the deal on the LWRC. All in all, it is an excellent rifle that has performed flawlessly at the range. I am very happy with it.

IMG_3227.JPG Look what showed up today!

View attachment 1241605very nice. I've been making it my own. Just need to get a few more things for it and it will be perfect. Love shooting this bad boy
Nice! I was torn between an optic set up like that or the red dot. Figured I'd give holosun a try. I like the stock you have. Definitely the first thing I will replace!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

LOVE my LWRCs, 2 DI models and a IC-SPR so I didn't need to jump on this deal lol, but they feel better than any other AR I have ever owned.

Nice! I was torn between an optic set up like that or the red dot. Figured I'd give holosun a try. I like the stock you have. Definitely the first thing I will replace!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah the stock is the MFT minimalist stock. They look sweet. I like my optic set up because you can use it as a red dot or zoom up to 8x. It's really nice. I've never tried Holosun before though.

Back
Top Bottom