• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lymes Disease from Seed Ticks

LittleTuna

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
18   0
Reaction score
Just got a call from doctors office with my blood work results and I have Lymes Disease.

The doctor says it's from the 40-50 bites I had 2 months ago when I was scouting before deer season. To top it off I got infested last week by close to 1,000 ticks and have over 300 bites this second time.

I have an appointment tomorrow with an infectious disease doctor to start the treatment.

I always thought seed ticks didn't carry Lymes but obviously that info is wrong. My doctor informed me they can and often do transmit the disease.

If you get bitten, go get blood work done. Wait too long and you can have organ damage.

My son had Rock Mountain Spotted Fever(RMSF) over the summer from a tick bite at a BSA summer camp in northeast Alabama. We found out then that all ticks can carry RMSF and Lyme, RMSF is contracted from an infected tick being attached for 24-30 hours so its the one that you don't catch that gets you, I believe that the same goes for Lyme also. Found out that squishing them with a finger nail is a no no, the hard shell can scratch or cut the skin and if what ever the tick may be carrying has a direct path to the blood.

Hope all treatment goes well, the boy was in the hospital for about 4 days.

Man that sucks. In all my years in the woods, I have never really had an issue with seed ticks, but I know they can be bad. Also did not know they carry lyme disease.

Back
Top Bottom