• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M&P Shield Apex kit installation

Bulldawg165

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
29   0
Reaction score
So I FINALLY found a shield in 40 for a decent price and the trigger was a bit heavy so I ordered the apex kit to go with jt. I sat down tonight to try to install it using their video and I couldn't get the pins out of the frame. I was hitting them pretty hard too so I was afraid I would mess it up if I hit it any harder.

I got frustrated and figured I'd call a gunsmith to do it for me since I wanted to shoot it Saturday and I don't have a lot of time to devote to it between now and then. I called Sandy Springs Gun Club but they wanted $50 (!!) to do it. Is there anyone in the Marietta/Vinings/Smyrna area who could do it for $25ish? I could leave my gun with you overnight, but good feedback and prior experience installing the kit is a must.

Alternatively, if someone has the armorers block for it and wouldn't mind letting me borrow it that'd be great as well. I really want it done by this weekend as I'm leaving straight from work Friday to head to see my folks and I'd love to shoot it for the first time while I'm there.

Thanks a lot for your help folks! I can always count on my ODT brothers!

The worst part of the Apex kit is the USB install because you have to drift the rear sight if you don't have a sight drifter. Everything else is pretty easy. Youtube or the Apex sight has How To videos. Just take your time and keep track of your parts.

Back
Top Bottom