• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 Garand T26 help

Mountainman

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
I have been offered to trade some drivetrain parts out of my jeep for what's supposed to be a M1 Garand T26 variant (tanker). I have asked for pictures of all markings, but I don't know enough about theses rifles to identify it or make the call on the trade. my items are valued around 1200. Are there any "Garand guys" on here that would be able to help me out once I get the pictures? thanks in advance

It really depends on who did the T26 conversion. Some of them are very solid like the Fulton Armory and there are some real pieces of junk that were put together.

This...but there a few Garand guys on here. I have a "tanker" style Garand built by Tim Shufflin and it is first rate.

Just know that the "tanker" never existed as an actual military weapon and is something people make out of a regular M1. They are nice but I see so many get posted as legit military issued weapons for WWII tank crews.

Fulton Armory wants $2k for theirs. I paid Tim Shufflin $600 to convert a USGI Garand from CMP to what he calls a Mini G. I would take a Mini G over a Fulton T26 all day. Mine has been VERY reliable.

Back
Top Bottom