• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M1 Garand Target Practice M2 Ball VS Privi 150G M1 Ball

Thanks for sharing. Your garand seems to like the privi better. Think it's time to take some old horses to the range. I haven't shot much privi in 8mm but it did better than most surplus.

Ammo can be like expensive golf clubs....sometimes it helps, sometimes it hinders.....next is a New Garand Gear Gas Plug. I want to see what a hunting round will do.

Once you really learn how to achieve proper NPOA, as opposed to thinking you have it (not knocking you, but most including me think we can do it until the day it clicks), you'll be surprised how consistently small those groups will get even with surplus ammo.

Good shooting and keep it up.

10thmountian,
I'd be real careful using commercial sporting ammo in a Garand.... the time pressure curve is often all wrong for a Garand, can end up busting an op rod. the military ammo of the day was matched to the Garands gas system.
Totally hear you. Privi m1 Ammo is good to go. I will be getting a gas plug for hunting season. Yep. M1 is gonna smack some deer hopefully this year.

Once you really learn how to achieve proper NPOA, as opposed to thinking you have it (not knocking you, but most including me think we can do it until the day it clicks), you'll be surprised how consistently small those groups will get even with surplus ammo.

Good shooting and keep it up.
Thanks. Still working the old gal out.

Back
Top Bottom