• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GIJoe

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
Reaction score
I am looking for a M16A1 parts kit so I can built a Vietnam era AR rifle. Not interested in commercial/civilian SP-1 stuff. I shoot left hand, so if anyone has an early style AR upper with the shell deflector, I'd be interested in that too. Thank you.

Example of what I'm looking for:

M16A1 parts kit
M16A1 parts kit.JPG

"C7" M16A1 style upper receiver with shell deflector
C7 upper.jpg

Back in the day these were all you could get.

There was a company in Illinois Sendra who had these kits.

Maybe try Model1sales

Thanks TheGman. You know what is weird is that places like DPMS and others have discontinued their classic A1 stuff. They told me because it is lack of demand. I find that hard to believe because there are folks everywhere trying to find A1 uppers, kits, and parts. The collectability of Vietnam era stuff has been on the rise for the past couple years. Seems odd for manufacturers to drop their A1 products at this time. But, I know for every A1 guy, there's 20 tacticool guys looking to buy anything tactical. I have never owned an AR, but I've been around them. The only type of ARs that appeal to me are the "vintage" type. The original AR/M16 design. Not looking to build a collector's item, but more a period correct "shooter" to enjoy. That's all.

Hey. I may be able to help.. Have one of the Century built guns off a Malaysian parts kit. I replaced the barrel with an actual Colt barrel chrome lined and particle inspected one. Basically it is a replica of a late 70's or early 80's Colt 604. It does have a A2 lower. But you could get a NoDakSpud A1 lower and have something even closer to the real deal. I had it up for sale on here a while back and never got any bites. At work now and have no pictures of it handy. What I will do is relist the thing and you can take a look. Absolute great rifle. I am just getting to where I like need optics and the flattop just works better. Moose

Fulton armory sells some complete rifles that are close replicas, pricey though and long wait. There is also boywonder777 on gunbroker and ar15.com who sells A1 barrel assemblies but with CMMG 1/7 chrome barrels. I recent got one and it is pretty nice. There only real options for A1 upper though are Nodakspud or luck into a used one

Back
Top Bottom