• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M92 PAP + SB47 brace = single shot

howl

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
I bought a M92 pistol and put the brace and a 4 piece brake on it. The hammer followed and basically it was a single shot. I sent it back to Century. They adjusted the fire control group and sent it back. When I got it back I tried it with the brace. It was still a single-shooter. The trigger would not reset. So I tried it without the brace. It worked fine. They are going to have another go at it with the brace on to see if they can fix it. I'd much rather hear from someone here on what having the brace the gun could do to affect the function of the fire control group so I could get it to work without sending it back again. Any ideas anyone? :frusty:

The brace design is simple and installation even easier. Is it binding with the trigger somehow? Did you lube the innards? That's a technical term, btw...

Can you post up some pics?

An AK that doesn't cycle? Blasphemy!

I can't see how it could affect it. I threw one on mine and it worked like a charm. I was disappointed that it rubbed the finish off the back of the pap in an nice circular shape.

Well, it does cycle. It just doesn't fire. Anything in particular for pics?

Mine got the circle, too. Matches the spot of weld left on the other end from where I cut the thread protector off.

So... you are saying you have an AK that malfunctions.... LIAR!

Really thinking its a trigger problem and not the brace. Check and make sure there is a rear hook on the trigger, and that there is a spring under it. The part i have highlighted below should be able to be moved towards the rear and spring back forward once you let go. Have the gun unloaded, with the hammer dropped (fired, uncocked), and hold the trigger while you are doing this to make it easier (you can leave the trigger group in the gun). Its really the only thing I know of that can cause your problem.
TINDOUBLEHOOK-2.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I got it back and it works. Reading through the sheaf of paperwork shows that it had pretty much every common problem possible with an AK. It took two trips, lots of tuning and a couple hundred rounds of test-firing (most of it done by Century) to get it right.

Century customer service surprised me. I don't think their gunsmiths are very good, but the customer service people will keep them after it and make it right.

Not sure if I'll keep it or not. It might wind up for trade with a video of it working and a close-up of the stack of paperwork. :cool-new:

Back
Top Bottom