• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Browning BAR .270 locks back each shot....

Trader_N

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
17   0
Reaction score
Anybody know a good gun smith? I inherited my father's BAR .270 but after each shot (with or without ammo in the mag) it locks back and has to be broken down to get the bolt to move forward again. Has anyone had a problem like this?

I never had but I'd think the mag would be the problem. Also, I don't know if the BAR has the same lever on the side of it that my 12 ga. has, but you can lock out the next shot. here's pics of what I have. The 1st one is in the normal shot position and the 2nd position is where I can lock out the next shot.

Attachments

• IMG_6182.jpeg
    IMG_6182.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6183.jpeg
    IMG_6183.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
I never had but I'd think the mag would be the problem. Also, I don't know if the BAR has the same lever on the side of it that my 12 ga. has, but you can lock out the next shot. here's pics of what I have. The 1st one is in the normal shot position and the 2nd position is where I can lock out the next shot.
Thank you, but not the same set up. The BAR has a magazine that releases out of the bottom and no lever to "hold back" the next shot.

I had this problem it’s the mag set it flat on a table take a plastic hammer and tap the sides of the mag down the bolt is dragging on the mag
This totally locks back, even without the mag in it the bolt is stuck... It seems to be riding too far back when shot. Even when the mag is dropped the bolt still won't move forward. I have to break it down and take out the trigger group and bolt to get it to close back.

Have you looked at a parts diagram just to check something internal isn't missing or broken ?

Have you determined what is holding the bolt back? Is it the hold open or is it jamming against something else.

Back
Top Bottom