• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Machine shop near Marietta

ThePastafarian

Default rank <400 posts Lifetime Supporter
Have You Been Touched By His Noodly Appendage?
99   0
Reaction score
So I broke a spark plug off in the head of my TTR-250. I have removed the head and tried an extractor, but this bastard is in there good. Anybody know a machine shop near marietta that could extract it for me?

So I broke a spark plug off in the head of my TTR-250. I have removed the head and tried an extractor, but this bastard is in there good. Anybody know a machine shop near marietta that could extract it for me?

I'd give these guys a call. Next door to Deer Creek gunshop.

Good to hear as I just picked one up from them a week ago. Have the head on but went out of town for the week so I havent finished it up yet. I really liked talking to the guy there. And they do like cash vs credit card and will knock a little off if you pay with cash to avoid the fees.

Next time you install spark plugs use some anti-seize compound on the plug threads. Stainless Metal and aluminum will actually weld itself together. There's a chemical reaction that goes on between the two metals and it really get some stuck together over a long period of time. Like the General Motors North Star engines their first scheduled service date is at 100,000 miles . That can cause havoc on an aluminum engine if not got to in a reasonable amount of time. If you use the anti-seize compound it will keep that from happening. Most engines these days have aluminum cylinder heads and a lot are completely aluminum. Anytime that you have a bare metal surface like a spark plug you really need to put some kind of compound in between that spark plug and the aluminum surface. A lot of Factory bolts have a coating on them that keeps it from happening. Spark plugs especially have a problem since there's no coating on the threads. This is just for your information so next time this won't happen. The anti-seize compound make them come out of slick as a whistle.

Good to hear as I just picked one up from them a week ago. Have the head on but went out of town for the week so I havent finished it up yet. I really liked talking to the guy there. And they do like cash vs credit card and will knock a little off if you pay with cash to avoid the taxes.
FIFY

Every small business person likes a little off the books income.

Back
Top Bottom