Machingun Transfer From A friend.

The weapons still need to be papered to the trust in GA - not to him. So each needs it's own Form 4 with a tax stamp. Your best bet is to make your own trust and then once you pay him and fill out the Form 4 - add the weapon with serial number to the list of items in the trust and mail it with your check to the ATF in Atlanta. Adding your name to the trust does nothing for you unless he will give you access to the box. But if they are not on their own Form 4 with the trust name - you could be in some hot water also.

Last edited:
The weapons still need to be papered to the trust in GA - not to him. So each needs it's own Form 3 with a tax stamp. Your best bet is to make your own trust and then once you pay him and fill out the Form 3 - add the weapon with serial number to the list of items in the trust and mail it with your check to the ATF in Atlanta. Adding your name to the trust does nothing for you unless he will give you access to the box. But if they are not on their own Form 3 with the trust name - you could be in some hot water also.

Form 4 not form 3

The weapons still need to be papered to the trust in GA - not to him. So each needs it's own Form 3 with a tax stamp. Your best bet is to make your own trust and then once you pay him and fill out the Form 3 - add the weapon with serial number to the list of items in the trust and mail it with your check to the ATF in Atlanta. Adding your name to the trust does nothing for you unless he will give you access to the box. But if they are not on their own Form 3 with the trust name - you could be in some hot water also.

Holly lawyer talk batman! Guess its a good thing he is a lawyer, but man this is over my head!

It doesnt matter if he made a trust and then added the weapons to the trust. The stamp either says HIS name or the TRUST name on it. If he updated his stamps, 200 to transfer from personal ownership to trust ownership then you are ok as long as your on the notarized trust with the proper schedule "A". Just ask him what the stamp the weapon is registered to says.

If it is indeed in the trust name, then your good. My spouse is part of our trust therefore can be in possesion of the NFA items.

Last edited:
I wish I could own an MP5. You going to let me shoot it? :D I fell in love with Jakes.

I wish I could own an MP5. You going to let me shoot it? :D I fell in love with Jakes.

Once the zombie apocalypse happens, which it will. I will let you take ownership of one of my MGs. I cant run around being weighted down with all these guns. Once these MGs come in, we can go for a shoot as long as you pay for your end of the ammo. Decide on which MG you like best, and she is yours as long as it does not interfere with my choise. ;)

Once the zombie apocalypse happens, which it will. I will let you take ownership of one of my MGs. I cant run around being weighted down with all these guns. Once these MGs come in, we can go for a shoot as long as you pay for your end of the ammo. Decide on which MG you like best, and she is yours as long as it does not interfere with my choise. ;)

Ammo is not a problem! I'll even cover for yours that day! BUT only if I can find some hahah! I think I only have couple thousands of 9mm :[

Back
Top Bottom