• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mainstreet guns wouldn't let me shoot the ammo I brought with me tonight.

blueshooter

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
I went back to mainstreet guns today to finish off the box of blazer brass .380 that I had purchased from them previously.

I had brought my own ammo to shoot since mainstreet generally charges another 10 dollars on top of retail for ammo. Mind you the ammo I brought with me was also blazer brass from AO.

They told me they didn't want their guns to explode so I had to shoot their ammo or not shoot. Guess how much they wanted for 9mm ammo? 21.99... How much is the ammo from AO? 11.99.

These price gouging bastards have lost a customer tonight. I'm infuriated that they won't let me shoot the same ammo they sell for their range, since it wasn't purchased from them.

Last edited:
bought my 1st gun from them, here in georgia...nvr went back....total scumbag sense of entitlement douchebags working there...granted this was several years ago...go to bullseye, its somewhat close to you.

bought my 1st gun from them, here in georgia...nvr went back....total scumbag sense of entitlement douchebags working there...granted this was several years ago...go to bullseye, its somewhat close to you.

definitely changing ranges. glad i didnt drop any serious coin down on a firearm there. ive got 1100 dollars burning a hole in my pocket and they arent gonna see a dime of it.

Like I said on the other post I think they were really bad gouging during the last big scare, I mean $50 price inflation on a $350 gun I can understand but not $250. I have never shot at the range but if they are still practicing crazy gouging then there isn't even a reason for me to even ever swing by again. Sounds like they are catering to the "gangsta" crowd anyway and I guess they feel they can charge it...

I understand your frustration completely. Just to play devil's advocate: Would you let people shoot whatever ammo they brought with them through your guns? Could be unidentified reloads with unsafe specs? I don't want to defend their policy or anything, obviously they're trying to cut quite a big profit selling ammo. I just go there occasionally and shoot my own guns and ammo. Never had a bad experience.

In my world, if you want a great price on guns/ammo, 85% of the time it's got to be something you found online. I don't often just walk into a gun store and buy a big item, because I know I can buy cheaper online. Maybe that's bad to admit because we should support local businesses, but most of them just have a lot more costs that necessitates having higher prices.

I understand your frustration completely. Just to play devil's advocate: Would you let people shoot whatever ammo they brought with them through your guns? Could be unidentified reloads with unsafe specs? I don't want to defend their policy or anything, obviously they're trying to cut quite a big profit selling ammo. I just go there occasionally and shoot my own guns and ammo. Never had a bad experience.

i completely understand why you wouldnt want to just let anyone shoot any ammo they bring in, especially since you can just put the ammo in a package and call it retail, however isnt there some inspection process that ranges do?

are reloads that hard to identify? (seriously asking this question, as i dont know)

ill put down cash for the cost of the gun as a deposit, as im 100% sure theyre not mishandled reloads.

as far as ammo prices, after shipping i cant tell a big difference in retail vs online. unless you want to order 2000 rounds at a time.

maybe youre right and their rent is higher than most places and they need to charge more for ammo, but does that necessitate a 10 dollar upcharge on all boxes of ammo for the range?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom