Majestic looking beast.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
Just saw a monster black bear crossed in front of my truck not more than 25 yards. He had a little bit of grassy area to run across and I stopped the truck and got my phone out but by the time I got it up to take a pic he had dove into the kudzu patch. I was so pissed I was I couldn't take it. I wanted to get a good pic of him so bad cuz he was beautiful he was big, well fed animal

We've seen several males and females in the past couple of months, some here in GA and some in SMNP-Cades Cove.

Some have a mange look on their back (mostly in Cades Cove), but none of them have been skinny. They are getting plenty to eat, no doubt.

Well the true hunting of bear is dang near impossible. People normally use dogs or bait them. Cheating! I lost my taste for taking bigger game years ago. I don't mind yote or hog hunting but I am at that point where I have no desire to kill them.

We get them on the back deck once in awhile if we forget to bring in the bird feeder. A neighbor didn’t lock her back door and woke up to one in her kitchen last year. They can open car doors and will tear up a car if they smell food in it,.

Back
Top Bottom