• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any appliance repair folks? Looking for recommendations on the purchase of a washer and dryer.

In my opinion, GE used to be okay. Now (since 2016) they are only GE in name, as the Chinese company Haier bought them in 2016, including the rights to continue marketing under the GE name. I bought a GE "heavy duty" washer and dryer set in 2015 and they work great today but both have had numerous issues so I keep spare parts, which are getting harder to find, to keep them going.

Speed queen American made
I sell Speed Queen washers and dryers. They are expensive but they are American made. We have very, very few problems with them. They come in 3,5,and 7 year warranty models. The average life span is 25 years.Although you can get touchscreen control models the vast majority we sell has dials and knobs. We deliver and remove the existing customer’s machines. Most of the junk we haul back is over engineered computerized garbage. Find you a local Speed Queen dealer and buy a set and you likely won’t have to worry about it again until 2050.

I sell Speed Queen washers and dryers. They are expensive but they are American made. We have very, very few problems with them. They come in 3,5,and 7 year warranty models. The average life span is 25 years.Although you can get touchscreen control models the vast majority we sell has dials and knobs. We deliver and remove the existing customer’s machines. Most of the junk we haul back is over engineered computerized garbage. Find you a local Speed Queen dealer and buy a set and you likely won’t have to worry about it again until 2050.
Amen to this- get a simple no frills speed queen, like those in laundry mats. We wash a lot of clothes and ours is the best we've ever had in over 40 years of raising kids and grandkids

We bought a fancy front load LG several years ago. I had 3 daughters at home at the time and did 10 loads a week. The thing only lasted 4 years. There was no service techs anywhere around here so I had to youtube all the repairs myself. We replaced it with a top load Whirlpool and its lasted longer with no issues yet. It was about a third in price too. I’ll look into a Speed.Queen next time.

Stay away from Maytag.
When we (she) where shopping for a new set that's what my wife wanted because she's old school and that was a top brand way back when and because commercials work.
Just junk now and had to be repaired multiple times including the electronics within the first 6 months.
It was all covered under warranty but even the repairman said they where just junk that needed constant attention.
I don't anticipate ever buying another but if I did I'd get me an old school washing machine with actual knobs and as little electronics as possible.

I was sold on Front washers all my life thinking it's better...and it's not.
Bought a house and told the owners to leave their speed queen. We fought hard...almost broke contract over a DAMN washer and dryer set of speed queen.

Let me tell you, now that ive used that speed queen...there aint nothing better period

Back
Top Bottom