• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Making progress

IMG_20211116_090626717.jpg

But while waiting on parts, I put 17in Alcoas off a newer Dodge with some BFG A/Ts on the flatbed. Definitely a smoother ride than the Swampers but I don't know if I like it yet

IMG_20210919_183122775.jpg

View attachment 3681669

Oh man! Lots of updates...
Front bumper
All the lights work now
Light bar behind the grill
Added backup lights to the rear bumper
Aluminum radiator with electric fan
Converted over to internal regulator alternator
Softopper installed
Got the heat working
Corvette steering wheel
Twin sticked the transfer case
Put Spicer locking hubs on it
I put old seats out a Jeep in till the factories are redone
Took it out to a mud ride on Halloween and the poor ol 307 just doesn't have the muscle to turn 6 boggers fast enough to clean em. So now, I just got a fuel cell with A1000 pump. Regulator is on the way. I got to get some -10, -8 and -6 AN line to plum it. Scored a NP205 with adapter for a th400. And got a low mileage th400 from a buddy. So it's getting close to ready for some more ponies. Probably wire in some gauges and MSD box today. Oh yeah, and I've been driving it almost daily! I friggin love it!
Oh man, very nice!! That turned out awesome!
That rear axle tucks the dually tires up under there nicely. Cab-n-chassis rear end?

On another note that flatbed is killer too!! What frame did you use? Or front axle swap?

I've got a 71 GMC and 6BT waiting for a home on a m1008 CUCV or K30 chassis but coming across one at a decent price these days is like hen’s teeth.

Attachments

• F17D91EB-5DBA-432C-B776-C3A0C6C40F45.jpeg
    F17D91EB-5DBA-432C-B776-C3A0C6C40F45.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 25
Oh man, very nice!! That turned out awesome!
That rear axle tucks the dually tires up under there nicely. Cab-n-chassis rear end?

On another note that flatbed is killer too!! What frame did you use? Or front axle swap?

I've got a 71 GMC and 6BT waiting for a home on a m1008 CUCV or K30 chassis but coming across one at a decent price these days is like hen’s teeth.
Thanks man! I'm digging that GMC! Front and rear under the Blazer is regular single wheel stuff with spacers(Dana 60/14 Bolt). I can take off the dually setup and bolt on regular wheels. The flatbed is a factory K-frame with a DRW Dana 60 front and SRW 14 Bolt rear. Here's a pic of the thunder puff. It normally sports Swampers on hubcap wheels
20210122_081429(1).jpg

Thought I'd update y'all since it's been awhile...
Lil 307 said no more finally, so I've got it ready to come out. I've been waiting on a flywheel from Summit for over a month but I got the opportunity to make a set of headers made to fit straight plug heads work on angle plug heads with raised ports(so much fun). I rebuilt a Holley Blue pump and regulator I had laying around. Tach and gauges mounted, wired, plumbed. Slowly pecking away at it...

Back
Top Bottom