• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man Charged with Violating the New York Safe Act-3 Magazines over 10 rounds

I am not going to hold my breath waiting on the uprising.

Are you willing to go fight and die for the guy before this warrior who was convicted and is still in jail?

Hey, I agree with the bottom line.
However, I would do my community service and ride out.

I am not going to hold my breath waiting on the uprising.

Are you willing to go fight and die for the guy before this warrior who was convicted and is still in jail?

Hey, I agree with the bottom line.
However, I would do my community service and ride out.
After I was cleared and moved out I would visit the legislators to personally deliver a **** you and a bird to their face. Video it myself to post on youtube.

He should feel lucky that he got a light sentence on an unconstitutional law? If everybody lies down and takes it then it will never change.
I don't think he would be lying down by accepting the sentence.

He very well may be the man to carry the torch through the finish line.

Me.....I would call that a victory.

Veterans are pretty ****ing serious about the Constitution.
What about Obama?
I retired because of that ass.
I have posted before about how I thought light colonels should have pushed more back then.
Constitution.....where were all those patriots then?
Maybe not as cut and dry but come on....there was plenty enough unconstitutional to choose from.

I agree with the sentiment and the argument. I was remarking what I would do.
If he stopped now, I would not change my opinion that he fought the good fight and won. Which is more than I can say for most politicians.
I have no problem letting the next guy carry the ball, torch, etc.

He is a veteran but still a scum sucking civilian to these crack troopers....
www.fotothing.com_photos_8a4_8a497619857fddba58f6d5904e450013.jpg

Reminder: New York State enacted it's own "assault weapon" and "high capacity magazine" ban in 1994, the same time as Congress passed the federal AWB, but the NY law had no sunset clause. It never expires.

It set the magazine capacity limit at 10 rounds. But, the magazines that were already manufactured prior to the law's date were grandfathered-in. Even if they weren't in your possession, and arguably even if those mags were then located out of state or even in some other country (AK-47 magazines still in storage in Eastern Europe somewhere).

The SAFE act removed the grandfather clause. All high capacity mags, regardless of when and where they were manufactured, were covered by the law and generally illegal for private citizens.

Unless this guy's Glock 17 mags were at least 23 years old, he'd have been violating the old NY law anyway. The SAFE Act didn't suddenly criminalize possession of magazines with 17 round capacity.

Back
Top Bottom