• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man kills 820 pound wild hog in front yard...

Man kills 820 pound wild hog in front yard...

The article shows photos of this monster.
It also identifies it as a "Feral Hog". Not wild.
Therefore, is legal to kill.

Samson resident Wade Seago knew something was up outside of his home last week when the family's pet schnauzer, Cruiser, started barking constantly. The Seagos live on 100 acres in the rural south Alabama town. The property and surrounding area is teeming with wildlife so it's not unusual for their dog to bark at deer, raccoons or other wild visitors.

The dog had a huge wild hog bayed in his front yard, about 5 yards off of the front porch. "Cruiser had this huge hog confused with all of the barking and movement," Wade continued. "It was not a good situation."

Ok, educate me, was this a farm hog that got loose or a Feral born in the wild? I did not know that Feral hogs grew this large!! Yes, I'm from the city.

Ok, educate me, was this a farm hog that got loose or a Feral born in the wild? I did not know that Feral hogs grew this large!! Yes, I'm from the city.

Yes, they get that big.

Feral hog is just a farm hog outside a fence. Same breed.

Lots and lots of "farm hogs" were turned loose when the hog sale barns shut down in the late 80s to early 90s. Why keep fences up, let them feed and water themselves, and just bait and shoot when you want some pig?

Back
Top Bottom