• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Marinated Flank Steak/Flat Iron Steak Green Egg

Changed up the recipe and cooked it again.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Don't own a Big Green Egg ( or any type grill/smoker right now) . Although flank steak,skirt steak and flat iron are my favorite cuts. Hard to find those cuts down here though. No Kroger down here and believe it or not Winn Dixie the damn Beef People hardly ever have them.

Don't own a Big Green Egg ( or any type grill/smoker right now) . Although flank steak,skirt steak and flat iron are my favorite cuts. Hard to find those cuts down here though. No Kroger down here and believe it or not Winn Dixie the damn Beef People hardly ever have them.

If you want some good meat down in the Darien/Brunswick area you'll have to visit Gary Lee's

Flank Steak marinated overnight in Zesty Italian Dressing ... Decades long favorite!
Not a bad using it for London Broil either ...

Funny you should say that, back when all the meat was getting expensive,,,I discovered Flank steak and the Diagonal cut. Well as more of us poor people realized a great cut of meat at a much lower cost...They renamed it London Broil and started charging more..To me and I cook them at least once a month, the Flank steak and the Flat Iron are both prepared the same way...The only difference is the thickness of each, the Flank is thicker and bigger...

Down your way ... there's another marinade that would work for you on shark and sailfish steaks:
One table spoon of sesame oil per cup of soy sauce. Don't panic when you get the distinct impression that it
smells like diesel fuel (it actually does smell like it!), Don't worry, it works wonders on shark and sailfish steaks.
Marinate for an hour or so, grill it then enjoy the nice light-smoke flavor it imparts to the fish!

BTW: The Zesty Italian Dressing marinade also works wonders on grilled, fresh caught Mackerel Filets

Back
Top Bottom