• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Market Value prices

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
Okay so every time I buy some ammo I hear I'm gettin' ripped-off and I finally want to know what everbody thinks is average/fair pricing in a few calibers. I'm marking what I have currently paid. My gunstore claims to beat all walmart prices, but I have been told that I am paying higher than walmart prices. Also feel free to post other calibers that youknow of a fair market value for.

.410 triple ought- 20rds $15

9mm fmj- 50 rds $11.50

.45LC leadcast- 50rds $35

45ACP FMJ- 50 rds $17

.380FMJ- 100rds $45

Saw these prices today at a local shop.
50 rd. 380 fmj for $15
50 rd 45 acp for $21
50 rd 45 lc for $31
The 380s are PMC and the 45s were Magtech if I recall correctly. I would say based on the prices you posted you are paying a fair price. The 380s were the only ones with a big defference and the ones I bought today are the cheapest I have seen them in quite some time.

Ya ever buy gas and the next stations has it a penny or two cheaper?

Ammo is like that. No matter what you pay, what bargain you cut, someone will have just bought 5000 rounds at half that price. Don't worry, be happy.

I'm satisfied with the prices I've gotten(for what I've gotten for the price). I recently bought 3, 20 ct boxes of Hornady 45 ACP, 230 grain +P's from MidwayUSA for $55 shipping included. Had a $10 promo code from AuctionArms to apply. At Wal-Mart I bought a 100 count box of Remington 230 grain, 45 ACP JHP for $40.97+tax(right at $45 total). My Wal-mart(not sure if they all do) carries 50 count boxes of Remingtons but they are FMJ. For a little more than double the 50 ct box price they have the 100 ct box of Remington JHP's. Go figure.

For my .40 S&W, I'm pretty happy buying the Federal target ammo for the range and I have lucked into some(about 5, 50 ct boxes) of Federal 135 grain JHP clearanced at $15/box.

Check online, Midway, Midsouth Shooters or similar websites. You can get an idea of what prices are. Expect to pay more for local service. I don't mind paying a fair amount more, as these people have overhead and need to eat. Plus usually when I order online, no matter what it is, or where it is, I always end up spending more to help offset shipping or some other excuse. Get on their email list and they'll email specials, sometimes several a day. ChuckDog

Saw these prices today at a local shop.
50 rd. 380 fmj for $15
50 rd 45 acp for $21
50 rd 45 lc for $31
The 380s are PMC and the 45s were Magtech if I recall correctly. I would say based on the prices you posted you are paying a fair price. The 380s were the only ones with a big defference and the ones I bought today are the cheapest I have seen them in quite some time.

Where did you see .380 at that price?

Back
Top Bottom