• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin to Remington to Ruger

45calibman

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
63   0
Reaction score
Well, I must have been under a rock because it happened again, Marlin Firearms once again in little more than a decade has a new home.
Ruger has purchased the Marlin brand from the Remington firearms Company.
The only Rifle being Manufactured at this time is the 1895SBL, and offered in limited quanity.
Any Marlin purchased before the Ruger acquisition will no longer be under any factory warranty,(all Void ) this could suck for some folks.
New markings on the Ruger mfg. Marlins will have an RM prefix as part of the SN and Mayodan NC stamped on the Barrel.:(

Them new 1895's look nice and I trust ruger more than I trust remington. Hopefully the quality is there. It better be for 1500. I plan on having one soon.
1500 is a steal considering there is 2 Remington manufactured marlin 1895 sbls in the classifieds for 2200 and 2700. I sold that very gun to the guy that wants 2700. I gave 1150 for it brand new

Well, I must have been under a rock because it happened again, Marlin Firearms once again in little more than a decade has a new home.
Ruger has purchased the Marlin brand from the Remington firearms Company.
The only Rifle being Manufactured at this time is the 1895SBL, and offered in limited quanity.
Any Marlin purchased before the Ruger acquisition will no longer be under any factory warranty,(all Void ) this could suck for some folks.
New markings on the Ruger mfg. Marlins will have an RM prefix as part of the SN and Mayodan NC stamped on the Barrel.:(
I have to admit, I was today years old the first time I heard about it as well. I have not seen the new Ruger offering but feel it will be better than the Remington version as well. Although, none can compare to my old JM Stainless Guide Gun.

Back
Top Bottom