• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Martins coins and firearms

I'll second that; he charged me $15 for the transfer but he emailed me as soon as it came in.

They are fine folks with a decent inventory and reasonable prices. I noticed a new G20 for $499; the other Glock and S&W stock looked reasonably priced as well
Good people. Marty did a free transfer for me. A lot closer than CGP.

Took a trip mid afternoon midweek...locked up tight as a drum despite being within posted hours on the door and no sign explaining the closure at 3 pm. I won't go back! Gas and a person's time are more valuable than that.

Took a trip mid afternoon midweek...locked up tight as a drum despite being within posted hours on the door and no sign explaining the closure at 3 pm. I won't go back! Gas and a person's time are more valuable than that.

This can happen with a new business sometimes. They are probably not heavily staffed yet and something came up that made it unavoidable. Cut them some slack and just give them a call before you head that way next time. Remember, not being over staffed is one of the primary ways a business can keep their prices down.

This can happen with a new business sometimes. They are probably not heavily staffed yet and something came up that made it unavoidable. Cut them some slack and just give them a call before you head that way next time. Remember, not being over staffed is one of the primary ways a business can keep their prices down.

^^ what he said... things happen, don't overreact. give them a call before you swing by, they're great people. good prices too, so if you refuse to go back then it's your loss really.

Veru nice guy - gave me some advice on a Coin and some Silver I had.

Lots of inventory and good prices- actually had a XDs in stock when I went last month.

keeping the prices down is one thing... denying service is a sure way to kill business

keeping the prices down is one thing... denying service is a sure way to kill business

True, but it's a balancing act between service and cost. I would love to have a person to answer my business phone at any time we are open. However, if I did that I would have to raise my prices considerably. The question is which will cost me more business. Having people leave a message for us to return or raising prices?

One thing they should have done is post a note of apology and explanation on the door.

dude... relax. ever consider an emergency came up? you don't know what happened, so why jump to conclusions with harsh, accusatory statements like they were "denying service"? little ridiculous.. feel free to claim "denying service" if you buy a brand new gun from a shop, go home and it breaks in half while you're cleaning it, and then the dealer says "cant help you". but otherwise.. take a chill pill. and for god's sake, show a little support for your local small businesses!

dude... relax. ever consider an emergency came up? you don't know what happened, so why jump to conclusions with harsh, accusatory statements like they were "denying service"? little ridiculous.. feel free to claim "denying service" if you buy a brand new gun from a shop, go home and it breaks in half while you're cleaning it, and then the dealer says "cant help you". but otherwise.. take a chill pill. and for god's sake, show a little support for your local small businesses!

They probably should have hung a sign "Back in 5" or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom