• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massive bridge in Baltimore collapsed after being struck.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
A big lift bridge for hit by the in Baltimore Bay area is struck by a cargo ship. I assume its a cargo ship since the containers came be seen in the debris. A couple of motorist were on the bridge along with construction workers when it went down. Nine are believed to be in the water but two were recovered.

I would think there would be more people with a cargo ship involved. The cold water is a big factor in the rescue efforts. As of now they do not know if it was accidental or struck intentionally. The ship was from Singapore. I used to cross that bridge back and forth to see a girlfriend I had in downtown Baltimore.

Yeah, I was just looking/hearing this !
This is some unbelievably bad stuff !! I hope and pray for these people and their families that are involved in this. May God have mercy on them and all that are involved.
I agree they need our prayers for sure. I just don't see how they didn't see the bridge from the bridge of the boat.

Wow that is going to cause a lot of problems. Hate it and agree that it is hard to understand how this could happen.
Lack of maintenance..you can see the ships lights flicker in and out several times before collision.The stacks are also blowing huge amounts of black smoke indicating the ship was put in full reverse before impact.

Man….just watching that footage proves that the captain was either asleep or just not paying attention. That is way way stupid as far as navigating that ship goes. Totally preventable and just insane.
If they are still alive there needs to be some murder charges (among others, of course) brought against the captain and crew members responsible. ( Providing that the ship navigation wasn’t malfunctioning )

Back
Top Bottom