• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Master Chevy Mechanic Needed

I guess I just for lucky when I did mine. Not realizing that there wasn't a timing mark until after the intake gasket had been replaced and everything reinstalled.
Hooked up the timing light, but there was no timing mark to be found. She cranked up and ran fine. I was told that the timing would have to be set by hooking up a computer that would electronically set the timing to it's correct position. Had the trans. rebuilt soon afterward and the shop charged 90.00 to set the timing, or they may have just ripped me off for 90.00 and done nothing?

I am sure they checked it if they said they did and charged. But I have never used my computer to set timing on one of these or any car I can think of. And I would say you got lucky and put the distributor 100% back where it came from.

I am sure they checked it if they said they did and charged. But I have never used my computer to set timing on one of these or any car I can think of. And I would say you got lucky and put the distributor 100% back where it came from.

A blind hog will find an acorn every now and again. lol

Back
Top Bottom