• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mauser C96 Gunsmith

Hetzer

Default rank <5 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have a Mauser C96 that requires a gunsmith. Are there any gunsmiths knowledgeable about this weapon. My issue may be with the sear arm and or sear arm spring. Thanks. I'm in the Smyrna, Ga area (30082).

Explain the issue you are having.

Depending on what year your broom handle was made, some of them had internal parts that galled and would bind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain the issue you are having.

Depending on what year your broom handle was made, some of them had internal parts that galled and would bind.

Can't be sure but appears to be about the 1930's. The wooden grips with red 9 are not original to this C96.

Attachments

• IMG_0258 (3).JPG
    IMG_0258 (3).JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 14
Can't be sure but appears to be about the 1930's. The wooden grips with red 9 are not original to this C96.

So someone added the 9mm grips... not that unusual. Is the hammer not resetting because of the sear not engaging? I had one years ago that did that, learned to love the ol broomhandle and it’s puzzle like complexity.

So someone added the 9mm grips... not that unusual. Is the hammer not resetting because of the sear not engaging? I had one years ago that did that, learned to love the ol broomhandle and it’s puzzle like complexity.

I believe that is the issue. I had the gun with a Master Gunsmith who finally admitted he knew nothing about Mauser C96 but he had no recommendations after having the gun 3 months ! Also couldn't tell me what the issue was although I told him I thought it was sear related, maybe sear arm & spring.

Back
Top Bottom