• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mausers - show us what you got! K98 M48 24/47

Over 15 years ago a friend bought a bunch of Yugo M48A rifles and gave me one of them. I thanked him for it of course but I had no interest in it at the time and it sat in the back of a closet for years until I joined ODT and from posts here was able to figure out what it was. I disassembled it and cleaned all the cosmoline out of it. Including the bolt which was packed with the stuff so thickly the firing pin wouldn't move.

I have yet to fire it but I have recently acquired some new production ammo and will try it out come cool weather.

M48_1.jpg
M48_2.jpg

Your going to get hooked and then you'll have to buy another, and another and another!It's an addiction! I love shooting mine and am always keeping an eye out for another 98k style 8mm Mauser.I like the Czech. VZ24 myself. Why? I don t know.

Your going to get hooked and then you'll have to buy another, and another and another!It's an addiction! I love shooting mine and am always keeping an eye out for another 98k style 8mm Mauser.I like the Czech. VZ24 myself. Why? I don t know.

My very first deer rifle at age 17 was a sporterized k98 that my dad got me. Even thought the front of the stock was cut down it was in great condition. I wish I still had it but I was young and needed money, well... you know the rest of the story.

Over 15 years ago a friend bought a bunch of Yugo M48A rifles and gave me one of them. I thanked him for it of course but I had no interest in it at the time and it sat in the back of a closet for years until I joined ODT and from posts here was able to figure out what it was. I disassembled it and cleaned all the cosmoline out of it. Including the bolt which was packed with the stuff so thickly the firing pin wouldn't move.

I have yet to fire it but I have recently acquired some new production ammo and will try it out come cool weather.

View attachment 294407
View attachment 294408

Wow, nice Mauser!

Back
Top Bottom