• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Maximum number of ads at any given time?

There isn't a problem here. This is the same bull**** that went on over on GON with a bunch of guys wanting to call anyone who sells a bunch of stuff a "dealer." I don't know why so many people care so much about what other people do with their stuff.

Nobody gives a **** about what other people do with their stuff. Some of us give a **** that our ads get pushed to the second page in an hour because a pawn shop craigslister lists 20 different ads for different watches, etc.

The Gun dealers section has the same issue, but no one cares because they are in their own section. If the gun dealers listed their ads in our section--pushing all of our ads down--that would piss people off. It's the same thing.

I have nothing positive to say about "that" guy that posted in EE. I had a small conversation with him about an item that basically put him in the ignore list immediately.

I would think a little thought out consolidation once in a while is just the right thing to do . if you have 2-3 items in the same category use one ad , Not hard no reason for 10 ads for 10 different boxes of ammo

Hmm. Thank you for your reasoned and cogent response. But, doesn't the opportunity to relist items and move to the first page when your ad expires even the playing field? Does the site not provide the ability to search for a particular item?

Sorry, in my opinion this discussion is total BS. Sounds like the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfield, "No soup for you!".

Uh oh. I can say "Soup Nazi", can't I?

above_all
The One Driving The Good ODTers Away

List all of your items in one or two posts, and the search feature will work fine for you too.

Agreed, but I don't want to be limited to one or two posts that limit me to 10 pictures per post. You list in one or two posts. If I have a pack, tent or firearm, I may want to post multiple pictures to provide the potential buyer with the best info for a buyer's decision.

Why not set up a "Dealers" section in each of the major trading areas, much like is done in the Firearms & Accessories section for businesses, pawn shops and dealers. Dealer subsections for Automotive & ATVs, The Outdoors and Miscellaneous.

Leave the individuals alone. Power to the people!

above_all
The One Driving The Good ODTers Away

Why not just ad extra pictures to the post by replying to your own thread with pictures.

I pulled mine. It was a waste of time and energy.

You know, there are 33,114 ODT members. Despite that, I'm rethinking how I'm going to sell my stuff. Hate to go back to shipping, but sometimes it's the principle of a thing that sticks in your craw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom