• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Meat grinder suggestion?!?

chiefsquirrel83

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
8   0
Reaction score
After having my wrists fused together after accident. I no longer can bear the stress of a manual meat grinder that I've always used...any suggestions for and electric one??? Maybe commercial grade? I was thinking there would be one of those commercial food equipment places in norcross down the 85 corridor. Thanks for any suggestions.

search for a used hobart meat grinder....new commercial is extremely expensive and a used one will have plenty of life left in it for home use....if you have a kitchenaid stand mixer there is a meat grinder attachment that goes on them too...and the bigger ones (5 quart,475 watts) are basically miniature hobart machines..

Wal-mart had one a couple of weeks ago labeled as Remington for less than $100 I don't know anything about the size (certainly not commercial size)

As an ex meat cutter I can tell you the Kitchenaids are junk. If you have a local Wal-Mart see if they still have the small model in the meat dept for grinding roasts for customers. Get the model and see if you can locate one. They do not sell the machine but it is a nice solid machine for light duty use.If you are going to be grinding 40+ pounds at a time look for one of the small Hobarts that was suggested above. They are really to big for most home use but they are good.

Back
Top Bottom