• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Meat Thermometers anyone had better luck

Has anybody used the Thermoworks Smoke X2? I'd like a probe for dome temps as well as the meat. I'm not a 100% confident in the standard Egg dome thermometer.
I do like the Meater.

Has anybody used the Thermoworks Smoke X2? I'd like a probe for dome temps as well as the meat. I'm not a 100% confident in the standard Egg dome thermometer.
I do like the Meater.
The MEATER has a temp for the meat and the surface temp. Here is a chicken I cooked last weekend. Green is the cooker temp, purple is the chicken. I also found out that you can monitor the MEATER from the cloud if you have one device within range at all times. I used an old iPad. You can then monitor the cook from the cloud with your phone, distance doesn’t matter.

Attachments

• 69DFBA8B-5AE4-40C0-B9A8-FDA39600DE8D.jpeg
    69DFBA8B-5AE4-40C0-B9A8-FDA39600DE8D.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 13
I did a little research on the Meater. Looks like quite a few issues with connectivity and charging. There was also a complaint about the extent of permissions the app wanted (Contacts, media?), but the app store only shows location and wifi access. It looks like I'm back to the Smoke X2 again.

Buy an extra measure probe with your thermoworks. You will need it. I like their system but you will go thru 2 or three probes a year. Buy the thermometer and probes from them, sometimes they will replace the probes for free. Here are the MEATER permissions on my phone. I have not had any connectivity or charging issues. I change the aaa battery after each cook.

Attachments

• 621BB1EE-18A1-460B-81A0-B5C4634AC86D.png
    621BB1EE-18A1-460B-81A0-B5C4634AC86D.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom