• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meat Thermometers anyone had better luck

Marietta tony

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
I have tried many over the years. My Thermoworks is still around but can only get 2 cooks out of a probe and out of them. Tried many $19.95 with same results. Never in dishwasher hand washed and put on hat rack on the back of the door. At first carefully rolled and put in case. Have had the same problem with the Traeger probes. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone make a great one that last? BTW my Thermoworks instant read has been spot on for a couple years.

Attachments

• Thermos 2.jpg
    Thermos 2.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 26
  • prime rib.jpg
    prime rib.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 18
I have a ‘MEATER’ hooks up with wifi to your cell phone. Constant temperature reading inside the meat on the grill. It is very accurate and tells you when to remove from grill so it can coast to the desired temperature and how long to let it rest.

I stopped using it when I switched to Sous Vide.

I have a ‘MEATER’ hooks up with wifi to your cell phone. Constant temperature reading inside the meat on the grill. It is very accurate and tells you when to remove from grill so it can coast to the desired temperature and how long to let it rest.

I stopped using it when I switched to Sous Vide.
Man I'm way behind the times. Education for me

I have MEATER and thermopro TP20 for cooks. MEATER is awesome for rotisserie cooking because it has no wires. But they both keep similar temps for inside meat and outside meat.

I also have the thermoworks mk4 to check temp before I take it off the smoker. It works well too and gives really fast reads.

Re: the thermopro tp20, I had to return it for a new one during the warranty period because one of the probes stopped working. Replacement has been good so far.

Back
Top Bottom