• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mechanic Smyrna Marietta / spit out spark plug ford ?

They make kits to tap spark plug hole and repair with helicoil to fix. Some time it fixes . I've had seven or eight cars where this fixed and two cars where heads had be replaced. Any good mechanic should be able to do this.

They make kits to tap spark plug hole and repair with helicoil to fix. Some time it fixes . I've had seven or eight cars where this fixed and two cars where heads had be replaced. Any good mechanic should be able to do this.

WTF??!! What are guys doing to your spark plugs? I have never had this issues with any of the 31 cars I have owned.

WTF??!! What are guys doing to your spark plugs? I have never had this issues with any of the 31 cars I have owned.
It's a big thing with ford crown Vic patrol cars even where plugs never been changed. May have been over tightened at factory.had them blow out from 60,000 miles on up.

dont ever use a heli unless you want it to come back out again

Proper way

Break plug off and drill hole and rethread add adaptor and put slow drying jb weld to adaptor and insert to head

Allow it to sit hours or over night

Remember to blow out all particles that fall into head

I have both tools to brake off plug and insert new adaptor

Not cheap repair around 200 per cylinder at shop

Common issue from 4.6 5.4 v10 fords

Due to carbon they get stuck but ford made them with few threads and they blow out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom