• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mechanic Smyrna Marietta / spit out spark plug ford ?

dont ever use a heli unless you want it to come back out again

Proper way

Break plug off and drill hole and rethread add adaptor and put slow drying jb weld to adaptor and insert to head

Allow it to sit hours or over night

Remember to blow out all particles that fall into head

I have both tools to brake off plug and insert new adaptor

Not cheap repair around 200 per cylinder at shop

Common issue from 4.6 5.4 v10 fords

Due to carbon they get stuck but ford made them with few threads and they blow out
Sheesh, that sucks. Isn't the 5.4 already problematic with ignition issues (specifically coils going out)?

Ford is the problem. M a lagrange mechanic I know is very skilled at the repair but he charges two hundred bucks a pop. Worth every penny for it to be done right

The 5.4 2003 older spit plugs because fords brilliant engineers thought two engaged threads were plenty

2004 newer break plugs because fords brilliant engineers made the porcelain the exact same size as the hole.
Works fine until carbon build up on it. Then it can't fit back out. It snaps the plug in half leaving half I the engine

My neighbor has a 03 that spit a plug
Need someone who can fix it quick and right
It's his only work truck

He could call Steve at wade tire in lagrange . Steve fixes a ton of them , but I'm sure someone is closer. Bullet pulooza could prolly fix it if he is closer

Let m clarify

Not my car and I will not be repairing it
Neighbor needs it fixed ASAP since it's his one and only work truck
Need competent mechanic reference in Smyrna Marietta

anti seize compound on threads anytime they are removed. torque to specs. same lube used on black powder breach plug. never had issues. glw repair.

It's best to use NICKLE BASED anti seize. Do not use copper based. It won't hold up to the heat and it will destroy an O2 sensor of it starts to burn off and the O2 sensor detects it.

Back
Top Bottom